September TBR

So it is the 28th of August today and I re-organized my bookshelf...again. I realised that it is time to plan my September To-Be-Read collection! I will publish my Wrap-Up when it is actually September!

But my September TBR is as follows:



1. Another Way to Fall - Amanda Brooke

Now...I just said I'm not really a fan of sick-lit, but then comes this story. It is about a woman who has been told that her illness is terminal. Right...I'm a hypocrite. Well, kinda. This story is about happy endings as the protagonist, Emma, writes a story of how she wanted her life to be and it starts to blur the lines between reality and fiction. It sounds interesting, and I may read this before I go to Uni, but possibly not...we shall see.

2. Emma - Jane Austen

Why? Because I started to read this book in the summer of 2013 and I got half-way and my friend borrowed it from me by mistake. She left my bookmark in for me so I know where I left off but I just didn't fancy reading it when she gave it back to me a few weeks later...I lost my momentum. But recently I watched the BBC version of Emma with Jonny Lee Miller and I thought 'hmm...maybe I'll read it again' so I am going to.

3. Who Will Run the Frog Hospital - Lorrie Moore

For anybody that watches my Youtube channel - I'm spoiling the fact that I did not read this book as I said I would in my August TBR. Mainly because I just haven't read properly for the last week and a bit so I never got around to it. This is a relatively short book of 130 pages, about two friends. It is a set text I have to read before returning to University so I really have to read this book in September!

4. The Fault in our Stars - John Green

I know. The horror of meeting a book blogger who hasn't read TFIOS but don't be too upset I have seen the movie. I understand it's no way near the same thing but because I saw the film I wanted to read the books a few weeks later otherwise it would be like watching the movie twice in a day kind of thing. Obviously this has a lot of hype around it and I am hoping that I will enjoy just as much as everyone else but we shall see. I'm not really a fan of sick-lit to romance novels. (Don't hate me)

5. Wait for you - J Lynn

I purchased this book recently and I've seen some rave reviews of it, but I honestly don't know much about the story or the premise of it. Apparently it is a friends-to-lover story, a mix between One Day by David Nicholls and Fifty Shades of Grey. This description suggests that it is a erotica-to-romance story. Not my usual cup of tea but I'll give it ago.

But that is it for my September TBR. I hope you enjoyed. Let me know what you are reading in September and what you have read previously!

2 comments

  1. Hey! I just stumbled across your blog via the "bloggers commenting back" list and came to check you out! Do you have a bloglovin profile? If so, I'll follow you there. Heres's my blog and profile if you want to check me out as well. Nice meeting you!

    Blog - http://fangirlavue.blogspot.com/
    Bloglovin - http://www.bloglovin.com/fangirlconfessions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya! I do have a Bloglovin profile - just added it to my old one. The button is on the top left hand side and I'd love it if you'd follow me! In return I follow you also ;)

    Enjoy! And comment again! x

    ReplyDelete