#Bookadayuk September

Since entering the world of Booktube I have been introduced to many things, and this is one of my favourites. I love list-making, and I like thinking about the books I read in a different way. With a #Bookadayuk you don't have to read a book a day, just think about a particular book a day, following the instructions below.



Since I only learnt about this yesterday and have been late in posting I shall answer all questions on here for now and then later over on my Twitter account:

1. Favourite book about books and/or bookshops
This was a surprising hard one for me but I'm going to go with 'Northanger Abbey' by Jane Austen. The main character Catherine Morland, reads a lot of gothic romances  throughout the story and this affects the way she see's things and interprets real-life events, leading to trouble. It's not based arounds books but because she's read so many it affects the plot greatly.


2. Favourite book set in a school
I'm afraid I'm going to go with the most obvious book and that is: Harry Potter. How could I not. Every book is set, besides the beginning of Book 7 at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and they are my favourite books ever!

 
3. Best Home Front Novel
I'm assuming this is Home Front as in the usual 'home front' term used for World War One and Two. Thus I am choosing one of my favourite children's stories: Goodnight Mister Tom by Michelle Magorian. Such a sweet story based around a young evacuee sent to the countryside during the Second World War. Lovely little read.

 
4. The book you bought for the cover
Definitely Dash and Lily's book of dares by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn. I love this book, but the cover was really what caught my eye. It is so pretty, and I remember I bought it in the Works just after Christmas when that 'only 11 months til Christmas' feeling was coming over me and I saw it and it made happy.

5. The book you bought besides the cover
I suppose it is my most recent buy of: The Knife of never letting go by Patrick Ness. I found all three of the Walking Chaos books in my local charity shop and the last two were the same white traditional cover by the first one was the World Book Night Cover 2013 so looks completely different in spine and cover to the other two. This would usually bug the hell out of me, and I must admit to shoving something in front of it on my bookcase, but I couldn't just buy the last two and not the first one!
On the left: the book I got. On the right: the book I would have preferred.
6. Favourite book of Short Stories
I don't read collection of short stories, but rather just random ones, so I thought I would be sneaky and choose a book of short non-fiction stories: Forgotten Voices of the Great War edited by Max Arthur. I really was moved by this book and enjoy reading the tales of the men/women who fought/lived during the First World War.

7. Favourite Fictional Monarch
I thought I would go with a less obvious choice here and choose: Jesse and Leslie from 'The Bridge to Terabitha' by Katerine Paterson. Jesse and Leslie are best friends who, to escape, create the fictional land of Terabithia in their nearby woods. They themselves become the 'monarchs' of the woods. I thought it was a little different.

 
So that is my #bookadayuk update for now. I might do another concluding post on the month later on. Let me know if I should do a weekly update? And let me know what you post! I love reading things like this!

Happy reading!







No comments