My October TBR & Update //

So where have I been lately...mainly under a massive amount of packing at home as I have finally moved into my new house at University! Exciting and also very care-free. It's nothing like moving into dorms, freaking out over being alone for the first time and for the majority of the time actually being alone. Living in a house in year 2 is really like moving into a family, and yes I know how corny that sounds.

But it's true! We have a sofa and mainly sit there and chat, and not just 2 of us but ALL of us! It's lovely. So far, I have discovered that nobody really reads which is sad, to me, but not really a bother for them. But it would have been nice to be able to discuss books with my roomies, but oh well, at least I still have that book blogosphere!

So, getting back to the book blog...

October's To-Be-Read List

I don't want to be one of those people that says every month 'oh doesn't time fly' so I won't. But just to let everyone know: there's 3 paychecks left until Christmas! Present buying time! And maybe put aside of the TBR lists for Christmas wishlists!

My To-Be-Read List

1. Downton Abbey Scripts from Series 2 By Julian Fellowes.
                 -  I found the Scripts for series 1 in my local Oxfam and nabbed it without a second thought and I adored it! I love the TV series (who doesn't!) but the scripts, with deleted scenes and Julian Fellowes own edits and opinions really is good! If anyone likes the series and likes reading scripts, it really is just like reading a story without the actions between dialogue, then check this book series out! So good! Clearly this is the 2nd book, as I devoured the 1st within a few hours, and this is the book I carry over to October as it is chunkier than the first!

Apologies for Amazon 'Click' button atop the image, it was the only image of the book I could find.
 
2. Cinder by Marissa Myer
                 - This is a book that I really wanted to read for a while. It is a take on the traditional Cinderella but with a bionic Cinderella, a plague and a matter of life-and-death for the whole world. Which sounds thrilling and it peaks my interest hugely. It is the first book of three, so I hope I'll enjoy it enough to buy the next two after this!

 
3. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
                 - I have heard so many good things about this book, and Patrick Ness in general, lately and I really want to sit down and read this book. I've got the Chaos trilogy at home as well (I have only brought a shelf of books to University with me) but this is the book I have been recommended the most. I can't tell you too much about it, besides the fact that there is a really creepy/awesome copy of this book in a kind of graphic novel format, but with words as well as pictures. I'd choose that one over the white cover one.
Cool Graphic-Novel-isk version

4. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
                  - This is a slightly older book from Booktube that had some hype about a year ago. I've heard mixed things about this novel. It is about a girl who committed suicide but before she did she sent messages to people who had something to do with her suicide. It sounds interesting as to me the girl who committed suicide sounds really mean to blame people personally for her suicide, but at the same time you have to think that it is their fault if she committed suicide. It is causing conflict before it evens begins, which, again, peaks my interest.


5. (If possible book) - Stardust by Neil Gaiman
                    - This is one of my favourite films ever, so I'm hoping the book is just as good but because I love the movie so much I'm almost put off reading this book. But as it is so small, and I think it's time I read it after nearly a year on my shelf, I am going to try and read this story before the end of October, unless University takes over my life. Of course.


 
So that is my October TBR. I hope you enjoyed and let me know what you're reading this month!

No comments