Top 5 Books that should be films!

 
Top 5 Wish list
Books to Film Adaptions
 
 
A Top 5 post today! These are my top 5 books I believe would make great films. So far these books haven’t been made into films, as yet, I’m not sure if any are in production but if so: Woohoo!
 
1.      Love Lessons by Jacqueline Wilson
 
-          This is one of my favourite books from when I was a pre-teen. It is pretty hard-hitting novel, particularly for pre-teens, as it is a story about a girl who is home-schooled, has an almost abusive father and then attempts to have an affair with her secondary school art teacher. It is a really interesting premise and very well written. I think it would make a great film as there have been a few events recently revolving around students running away with their teachers: anyone remember the girl that ran away to France a few months ago? I’m not saying that it should be made to raise the alarm, but just to show a different side of the story.
 
2.      Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Coln & David Levithan
 
-          This is one of my newer Christmas favourites. I read it last year around March time but it kept the Xmas alive in me. It is a small romance focusing on Dash & Lily who set each other dares in the city of New York at Xmas but it there is comedy and chance meetings and ultimately warm you’re heart, even when it is snowing…yes I used that cliché description of a Xmas book. Sue me.
It would make a great movie for pre-teens, definitely not a high-budget movie but a sweet little indie film to go and see with your mates or your fella at Christmas.
 
3.      Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
 
-          I will be incredibly surprised if a film version of this is not created in the next 5 years’ time. It has been one of the biggest hyped books on Booktube over the last few months, and for good reason. The characters are my favourite part of the novel as they are realistic: Eleanor is chubby red headed girl who doesn’t fit in and has an abusive step-father and a pathetic mother and then there is Park, a half Korean, half American lad who wears black clothes and reads comics. They are realistic in terms of personality and storyline and I think would be refreshing to see on the big screen!
 
4.      Room by Emma Donoghue
 
-          I read this book a few months ago and I am still thinking about it. Not because it was incredible but because it was such a, again, hard hitting topic, about a woman who was abducted by a man to be used a sex slave and whose son has grown up in this one Room so thinks Room is the whole world. It is a hard book to wrap your head around so visually seeing it might help, it might be traumatising in places as well but it would be interesting to see how well the film industry handled a book like this. I would say that it would be a challenge but it is a story that deserves to be told in more ways than one as it is so horrifying but handles the idea well.
 
5.      Apache by Tanya Landman
 
-          I read this story in Year 8 as part of the shortlist for the Carnegie Medal award, I was supposed to read the rest which were nominated but I just re-read this book. I love it. I have never read anything like it since I read this story – it is about an Apache (a form of Native American tribe in the 1700s) Girl warrior. The difference in treatment of men and women in Apache tribes to Mexicans (who are the antagonists of the story) is not only fascinating but fuels the story of a female Apache who decides to train as a warrior to get revenge for the death of her family at the hands of the Mexicans. There is a romance, which is incredibly subtle and very realistic, a family shame, a lot of fights. It is really good! There are no movies like this: Indian female warriors! Hello? Pocahontas does not count! I think this would be a great film!
 
So there we have it. My Top 5 books to film adaption wish lists! I would love to see these books made into films – mostly because books and films are my favourite things in the world so combining them is great! – Of course I do not want the movies to ruin the books as some books have been murdered so a little side-note:
A little side note...
 
 But...so long as the books are murdered I look forward to seeing these movies! :) Hint Hint Nudge Nudge movie producers!
I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know what books you would like to see as movies! I will comment back :) Happy Reading!
 
 
 
 
Just a little P.S here is a list of movies that are coming out in late 2014 - 2015 which are a books into films adaptions:
 
1. Mockingjay Part 1
2. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
3. Horns
4. Love, Rosie
5. Paper Towns
6. Frankenstein
7. Insurgent
8. Peter Pan
9. Fallen
10. The Scorch Trials (Late 2015)
 




2 comments

  1. The movie rights to Eleanor & Park were sold this past spring, so it should probably be out within the next year or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it wouldn't take long x It's such a good book :)

    ReplyDelete