November // TBR


To-Be-Read in November

November!

We are truly in Autumn and I don’t know about you but here at University the temperature has gone from mild to frikking-freezing! So far I have had two colds and the flu, my nose is running right now as my Student house doesn’t have heating. I am actually feeling rather medieval with my many candles: not only do they smell lovely but they are also fairly warm when bunched around my desk!

It is probable that my idea of a lovely autumn evening would be snuggled by the fire with a hot chocolate, my cat blanket with a book and it would be true!
So
the books for this month.

 

1.   The Death Cure by James Dashner

This is my follow-through book from last month and it won’t take me long to finish but since it is the last in the Maze Runner trilogy I am hoping it will finish well. There is nothing worse than a series finishing with a luke-warm book.

 

2.   Forrest Gump by Winston Groom

I picked this up at the start of University from my local ‘Books for Free’ shop (although I’m not sure if it can be classed as a shop when it doesn’t actually sell anything..?) It is a very small read but I watched the film last night and I started flicking through and could feel myself getting hooked so I’m looking forward to reading this one. Reviews will follow, hopefully.

 

3.   Cinder by Marrissa Myer

I will read this bookeventually. It has been on my TBR list for ages but every time I think to myself ‘once I’ve finished this book I’ll read Cinder’ I always go and see a movie and find I really want to read that book straight awaya bit like Forrest Gump. But I have decided I will read it. I will read Cinder. I will read Cinder. I’m just going to keep repeating it until I physically read it! 




4.   Remembrance by Theresa Breslin

This month, of course, is the month of remembrance for those that lost their lives in World War One and also any war pre or post. It would seem wrong not to aim to read at least one World War One book in this month.
 


So that is what I am aiming for in the month of November. Not very long, I never like to set myself too many targets to read as I am not the best at sticking to rulesafter all rules were made to be broken.

 

Happy Reading!

No comments