10 Books to Read in 2015 // Listopia


10 Books to read in 2015

This is not  a TBR. This is more of a reading goal than anything. These are 10 books that I wish to read before the end of 2015 because I feel that I should, or have put it off or I want to.

1.   Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel with the TV series coming out this Wednesday I am very excited as I love the Tudor period in terms of drama so I look forward to being able to read this book after the series and seeing if it is better/worse and what little extras I can pick up on!

2.   Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen Even I cannot believe that I have not read this book yet. I have read Mansfield Park and Sense & Sensibility, and I am halfway through Emma, but not Austen’s arguably most notable work. I must remedy this!

3.   A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness This seems to be my Cinder or Stardust of the year. I want to read it, I know I want to, but I never pick it up to read. So I willsometimes this year. That gives me roughly 300 days to read it!
 

4.   The Girl You Left Behind by JoJo Moyes It is a World War One Fiction book, my favourite genre, but every time I look at it the cover puts me offeither I’ve got to get a different version or I should just read it as I know I’ll like the story!

5.   Lord of the Rings series by J.R.R. Tolkien I am on Volume 3 (part one of Two Towers) and I am determined to get through the rest of the series


6.   The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte I love Jane Eyre, and I love the story of Wuthering Heights (although that book really has defeated me) and I quite like the story of Wildfell so I must give it a go at least!

7.  A New York: Winter’s Tale by Mark Helprin It is a bit of a monster of a book but I loved the love story between Beverley and Peter in the movie and I’d like to spend more time with those characters.

8.   The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Myer (the published works) There are a few more of these books to be published but I want to read the Lunar Chronicles series by the end of this year!

9.   The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey This book is all everyone is going to be talking about soon, there was already a lot of hubbub in 2014 but with the movie coming out it is going to be big!

10. The Curious Incident of the Dog In the Night-Time by Mark Haddon I’ve had this book on my shelf for ages and I really want to read it but it is another like the Patrick Ness story, I just don’t pick it up for some reason! But I will by the end of 2015. That is becoming a mantra!

So here are the books that I am aiming to read by the end of the year! What books are you reading this year?


Happy Reading!

No comments