Book Haul // 10% off Link


First Book Haul of 2015!

I don’t usually do Book Hauls on my blog but I thought that I should since not only have I bought quite a few books but I also have a code for my loyal readers! It is to use at The Book People.com where most of these books come from go to the end of the post to receive 10% of your first order!

With regards to the Book Haul. I bought 9 books from The Book People for the precise price of £29. Great value for money since most of these books in a chain-store book store would cost between £7-10 and I received all of them for under £5! Result!

 

The Books

-      Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops & More Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops by Jen Campbell

-      Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer

-      Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

-      Atlantia by Ally Condle

-      This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales

-      More Than This by Patrick Ness

-      Amity & Sorrow by Peggy Riley

-      The Novel Cure (Non-Fiction book on Fictionthis will make sense)
 

So many great books from this store. I also bought 4 books from charity shops which I will mention briefly:

-      Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

-      The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde

-      The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman

-      The One Plus One by JoJo Moyes

 
These books are a good set-up for the New Year! Mostly they are a range of YA novels but there is one adult story and a few Non-Fiction stories

n  The Novel Cure is a great book. I have already started to flick through it and that is precisely what you are meant to do. It is a textbook coffee table read if you have an ailment (anything from diarrhoea to feelings of abandonment) then you pick up this book and find said ailment, like a dictionary, and it will give you a book/s to help you feel better! It is great. I love the concept, the humour and the description for each book is spot on! I got this for £4 reduced from £17.99 on The Book People!

n  Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops & More Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops These books are so silly, so enjoyable and so-easy to read, I have already read the first book and I read it in less than an hour! But it was still great! I would highly recommend them and since they are a set for only £2.99 on The Book People I’d really recommend them!

Other books include the Young Adult novels:

n  This Song Will Save Your Life, from what I can tell it is about a young girl trying to fit in who finds an underground music scene and her life is never the same again.

n  Belzhar is the story of a group of students at a ‘special’ school who read ‘The Bell Jar’ and things happen to them good thingsI hope I’ll let you know!

n  Atlantia, this is a story based on Atlantic culture about a girl who wants to leave the City and live above water, but something happens regarding her sister and this changes.

n  More Than This, a boy drowns and dies yet wakes upPatrick Ness writes a story on what happens after death.

n  Throne of Glass, a fantasy story about a female assassin, a seriesooh!

Then there is one adult story:

n  Amity and Sorrow, two girls (One called Amity & one called Sorrow) and their mother leave their cult=community which is run by the girl’s father. One girl is happy to have left the community but the other is not, the story follows them and their mother as they come to grips with life outside the cult and what happens when one considers returning.

Very basic premise to these stories! Anyone else’s interests piqued? Mine certainly are! I cannot wait to read this bunch of goodies! What books are you excited to read for the New Year?

 

The Book People code: To get 10% off your order. You must be a first time customer to The Book People and you have to use the voucher code within 7 days of entering your email into the link.


 

Happy Reading!

 

No comments