January Wrap-Up // Wrap-Up & TBR

January Wrap-Up and February TBR
Wrap Up
So January has been a relatively slow, but good month, for reading. I have read in total of 3 books and I am currently in the midst of reading two more. So five books started, at least, in one month is good and since I only need to read an average of 4-5 books a month to win my challenge of reading 50 books this year I’m making some progress.
The books I did read this month were:
-         Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Rings: The Ring Goes South (Book 2) by J. R. R. Tolkien

-         Lord of the Rings The Two Towers: The Treason of Isengard (Book 3) by J. R. R. Tolkien
 
-         More Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops by Jen Campbell
The books that I started and hope to complete in the first weeks of February are:
-         We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
 

-         Moonchild by Ewa Zwonarz
 
I am going to do book reviews soonmy book reviews have been lacking recently. I will amend this. I want to read all of the Lord of the Rings books before I do a complete review but I am enjoying the series so far.
I love Jen Campbell’s books. I really want to pick up the Booshop Book next and then I’ll have her published collection. I do think that the Weird Things Series is a great series on its own though. They are great to give as gifts as well as for some light-hearted reading. I read both of the books in this set within an hour and I remember giggling whole-heartedly, which was painful when I read this one this month as I read it whilst I had whiplash and couldn’t moveyeah. Great for distracting, not great when you shouldn’t move.
All of my reading progress is being kept up-to-date in my Books of 2015 page above, I won’t be doing Wrap-Up’s every month as sometimes they just aren’t that interesting, so please feel free to peruse that page if you are interested to see what I have been reading!
The books that I’m reading currently are pretty good. I’m about 100 pages in and I am enjoying both of them. We Were Liars is a book of 2014 that I can remember hearing and reading about in practically every new booktube video or book blog that I started last year, and the reviews were varied. Some were scathing as some found the book ‘boring’ or ‘predictable’ others thought it was ‘fantastic’ and ‘the best book of 2014’. I will let you know how I get on but I am still not sure what the ending is and I really want to know, which is a sign of a good book.
Moonchild but Ewa Zwonarz is a book I have been sent for review by the lovely Ewa, I am enjoying it so farbut I am not going to reveal anything else until the review comes out in the next few weeks! So watch out for that!
To-Be-Read List
So I, of course, will be reading the rest of ‘We Were Liars’ and ‘Moonchild’ over the beginning of February but I also hope to be reading:
-         The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkowski
 
 
-         Lord of the Rings The Two Towers The Ring Goes East (Book 4) by J.R.R. Tolkien
As you might be able to tell with We Were Liars and The Winner’s Curse, I am trying to get through some of the books that I purchased a while back for when I first came to University and never actually got around to reading. Since I need to be reading a lot more to keep up with my challenge and I am getting sent quite a few review copieswatch out for those in the near futureI am going to try and stop buying new books and get through some of the old first!
That is it for my long-winded Wrap Up and TBR. I hope you enjoyed, let me know what you’re reading or what you thought of any of the books that I have read, plan to read or are currently reading.
Happy Reading!
 


2 comments

  1. Interesting that they've split up Lord of the Rings even more. I hope you continue to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I always knew the Lord of the Rings as 3 books but there are in fact 6. I think it had something to do with J.R.R. Tolkien wanting the series to spread out so that it took longer for people to read :) So far so good :)

    ReplyDelete