Series Tag // Tag


Series Tag

This a tag where I list all of the series I have read and all the ones I haven’t finished or haven’t started but want toobviously I am not going to list every series known to man as I will be here longer than my young lifebut I will talk about the series I am most interested in.

First off: The Book Series I have read

1.   Harry Potter! By J. K. Rowling

2.   Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer

3.   The Maze Runner Trilogy by James Dashner

4.   The Inheritance Cycle (Eragon)  by Christopher Paoline

5.   The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins

6.   Bridget Jones’s Diary Trilogy by Helen Fielding

7.   The Cousin’s War Series by Phillippa Gregory

 


Secondly: Series I have started but not finished

1.   Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien - I am currently reading this series!

2.   The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Myer Also currently planning to read these soon! (And there are books to come)

3.   Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl Read the first two books of this series and I was really disappointed with the second so stoppedI’m not sure if I’ll continue with this series.

4.   The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare I’ve read every single book but the lastbut I hated the last two I read so I’m conflicted as to whether to read City of Heavenly Fire to finish it off or not

5.   Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin I have read up to book 4 but I read the books as the series runs so I don’t spoil anything too badly (possibly the only thing I don’t spoil myself beforehand) but I do intend to finish this series!

 


Thirdly: Books Series I have bought but not started yet

1.   Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas I finally bought the first book and I intend to read this book and hopefully the series (if I enjoy the first book) soon!
 

 

2.   Across the Universe Series by Beth Revis I have had the first book for quite a while but I need to be in the mood for sci-fi YA

 
3.   The Luxe Series by Anna Godberson I can’t even remember what these books are aboutBut I have the first book to read, although I haven’t heard great things.


4.   Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ranson Riggs I don’t know if this is just a duology with Hollow City or if it will be a seriesbut regardless! I originally wanted to read this book over Halloween but now that has long past and I don’t think I can wait that long

 
5.   The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey My God if I don’t read this soon I feel like I will gobbled up and spat out of Goodreads!


6.   Outlander by Diana Galbador I love the TV seriesScottish men andsome other things. I mainly focus on the main Scottish Man: JamieI need to read more!


7.   Divergent by Veronica Roth I bought the Boxset of the books today.I am going to start reading them soon!

8.   The Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness No idea about thisbut I want to read it eventually


So I am going to leave it there. I know that that is a little jagged and un-balanced but I had no idea about my own choice of series. I probably could do with reading a few morebut I find that unless I love a series like Hunger Games or Harry Potter I really struggle to keep with a series particular if I read the books separately (unless they haven’t been published when I start the seriesbut still) I struggle to read them after a certain amount of time.

So there we goLet me know if there are any book series I haven’t mentioned that you’d recommend or books series to avoid!

Happy Reading!

 

 

2 comments

  1. I really like the Miss Peregrine. I read the first one, waited for the second, read that and now a year later and I waiting for the last. I tend to prefer to read a series after they are all out.

    I read the Sookie Stackhouse collection by Charlaine Harris although I can only recommend the first 8 books. After that it's meh.

    If you like vampires you should also read Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles. Now, this is another one that I haven't finished because the last of the body thief (book 4) really felt out of place and it turned me off. But the first 3 books are good. Especially Books 1 and 3. I have found that you can read them independently. I do plan to finish the series but I think I'll skip Book 4.

    The last one I'd recommend to you, I haven't read as yet but that's because I am waiting for the series to end since I don't want to end up like I am with the Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones). That's the King Killer Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss. I've hear so many good things about this one.

    Here are more book's I'd recommend but my comment is getting long. :) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same with reading a series when they're all out...there's something about a pause between books in a series that makes them weaker in my mind. My Dad has all the Sookie Stackhouse books but I must admit I've never been that interested in it...but if I ever get stuck I might try them. Is the Anne Rice books the 'Interview with a Vampire' books because I remember putting that on an old TBR list (before starting my blog)...if it is I might take a look, other Vampires aren't really my thing - even when Twilight was a big thing. Ooh, never heard of Patrick Rothfuss, I will look into that, thanks :)

    Cheers for the long comment, I like hearing from my readers :)

    ReplyDelete