Bookshelf Scavenger Hunt // Tag


Bookshelf Scavenger Hunt Tag

To make amends for being absent this week I thought I would do a lovely long tag that I have been meaning to do for a while! The Bookshelf Scavenger Hunt!

This tag was created by the Booktuber TheLibraryOfSarah so check out her channel for the original tag!

What the tag entails is that you follow a list of instructions asking you to find thing i.e. objects, illustrations and colours on your bookshelf! I must admit I had quite a fun time pulling apart my shelves in search of a book without an illustration on the front!

So here goes:

1.   Find an author’s name or title with the letter Z in it:

-      My answer is Marcus Zusak

 


2.   Find a classic:

-      Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

 
Dirty cover! I hate it - never use a book as a coaster!

3.   Find something on your bookshelf that’s not a book:

-      This is a sign my mum sent to me in my first year of University telling me to hold onto my dreams. I keep this and a few another knick knacks on my shelf.

 

4.   Find the oldest book on your shelf:

-      This is a strange book but it is called the The Brigg and the Lugger and Hugh-Mulieneux Walmsley. I found it in a charity shop with the inscription: ‘Union Sunday School, Cheadle. Ernest Elkin, 1st prize, Feby, 1906.’ So I know that it is over 100 years old!

 
 


5.   Find a book with a girl on the cover:


-      I chose a book with a lot of girls on the cover: Little Women

 


6.   Find a book that has an animal in it:

-      Dragons are technically animals so I chose: Eragon by Christopher Paolini

 

7.  Find a book with a male protagonist:

-      The Hobbit there are a lot of male protagonists!

 

8.   Find a book with only words on it:

-      This was surprisingly difficult but I found this copy of: Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

 


9.   Find a book with illustrations in:

-      I am currently making my way through these books and they are they Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis

 
Lion, Witch & the Wardrobe

10.  Find a book with Gold lettering:

-      I had a pick of books with gold lettering since I have a collection of Reader’s Digest books that I am inheriting and they all have gold lettering, but I chose: Dracula by Bram Stoker

 


11. Find a diary (true or fictional):

-      I chose my favourite fictional diary and that is: Bridget Jones’s Diary by Helen Fielding

 


12. Find a book written by someone with a common name (like Smith)

-      Easy! Doesn’t get more common than: John Green.

 


13.  Find a book that has a close-up of something on it:

-      I chose the foot on the cover of: Cinder by Marissa Myer

 


14. Find a book on your shelf that takes place in the earliest time period:

-      I think that this is the oldest time period, and also counts, and that is: L’Morte D’Arthur the Graphic Novel

 

15. Find a hardcover book without a dust cover (Not a book with a dust jacket you just removed!)

-      I chose another of my reader digest classics and that is: Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte.



16. Find a book with stars on it:

-      Harry Potter & the Philosophers Stone by J.K. Rowling

 


17.Find a Non-YA book:


-      Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel

 

There we are. I believe there were three more questions which I have skipped, either because I didn’t have the book or because I couldn’t get a decent picture, so apologies. But 17 out of 20 isn’t bad!

If you fancy doing this tag then go for it either as a blogpost, video or spare-time fun, as it is quite fun! Please let me know if you I will happily read and watch what other people have found on their bookshelves! I am now going to re-vamp mine since they are in need of it!

Happy Reading!

 

 

2 comments

  1. Hey Eleanor :) I'm glad I found your blog. This was such a fun post to read. I really want to do that tag too. I'll let you know when I do so ;)

    Meanwhile, I'm following you :) I'd be great if you could return the favor. Here's my blog: http://ofstacksandcups.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Soudha,, please let me know when you do the tag! I'd love to read what other people find on their shelves. Thanks for following me, I have followed you now as well and look forward to reading your work! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete