The Book Tag // Tag

The Book Tag!
 
 
First off, apologies for not blogging to my usual amount this week things have been hectic. Life & University people, sometimes they catch up with me and knock my blogging sideways. But I am back and I am raring and happy! Let’s get on with the tag.

Since I seem to be developing a lovely little following, Hi Followers!, I believe I should do a tag to tell you more about myself as a reader, rather than just as a blogger! So I found this fun tag, simply called the Book tag.

Enjoy!


Question 1: Do you have a certain place at home for reading?

Yes. My bed. It sounds odd but I struggle to read in my home anywhere besides. Occasionally when I go home-home (my non-university home) I will sit in the living room and read but this is usually a ploy for wanting to spend time with my parents when I go home and they’re busy working or eating a quick lunch!
But mostly I read in my bed. Snuggled up, nice and warm and pleasantly sleepy. A good book will keep me awake


Question 2: Bookmark or random piece of paper?

Bookmark! Totally, I have used receipts in the pass but they are so flimsy I often lose them in the folds of the book, so a bookmark definitely.

 
Question 3: Can you stop reading anytime you want or do you have to stop at a certain page, chapter, part etc?

This is difficult as it depends on circumstances. Some books don’t have chapters, but if they do I prefer to stop at a chapter but if I’m so tired nothing is going in I will stop at the top of the left-hand page. But I am quite particularly about where I stop. I could only ever stop mid-sentence if I was reading in a waiting-room and was called.

 
Question 4: Do you eat or drink whilst reading?

Sometimes. Mostly not though. I enjoy books most at night-time when I’m about to go to sleep so I will have a bottle of juice or a few mints but nothing more than that.


Question 5: Can you read whilst listening to music or watching TV?
I can but I prefer not to. The only time I ever read a book whilst watching TV is if there is an ad break otherwise I am too easily distracted.


Question 6: One book at a time, or several at once?
I prefer to immerse myself in one story at one time but I admit currently I am reading 2 books as I had to read one for review and the other I really wanted to get around to reading. It is definitely a challenge balancing reading between the both of them, and I can see the strain on my enjoyment already. I will definitely stick to one in future I think.

Question 7: Reading at home or everywhere?


I mostly read on transport believe it or not, motion-sickness has never bothered me. Trains mostly since I travel home a lot and my ipod has a crappy battery. But I also read every night before I go to sleep so everywhere is my answer. 


Question 8: Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Definitely silently. I only read out loud when I am forced to in class!


Question 9: Do you read ahead or skip pages?
I am terrible if there is a secret or a plot twist, I know about, coming I can’t wait, particularly if I am reading at night and I am too tired to carry on. I justify it by thinking: What if I die before reading the last page?

Question 10: Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
Another easy question: Keeping it new! I hate it when I lend out my books and they come back with the spines cracked, it makes me so angry! I only allow spine-cracked books when I get them from the charity shop, but if I buy them brand new they stay brand new!

Question 11: Do you write in books?


I will never write in a book of personal enjoyment but I have to write in books for University so yes I do write in books. It is sacrilegious and hurts my soul, but I do.

 
There we have it. The Book Tag. I tag all you wonderful readers! It is fun go on, I dare you! Even if you don’t write a book blog or have booktube I dare you to answer the questions. It is fun to see what kind of reader you are I would say I am a fussy to fundamentally normal book reader.

Enjoy and Happy Reading!

No comments