February Wrap-Up // Wrap-Up & TBR


February Wrap-Up and March TBR

I am proud! I read more than 3 books this month! I actually read: 6! That is miraculous bearing in mind it is the shortest month of the whole year, but then again some of these books were rather smallnevertheless I count them!

The Books I have read this month are:

1.   We Were Liars by e.lockhart
 

2.   Moonchild by Ewa Zwonarz
 

3.   Beautifully Torn by Roanne Legg
 
 
4.   The Winners Cure by Marie Rutkowski
 


5.   The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe

 
6.   The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Love it! I am so proud of myself it’s sickening. Don’t worrythis will cool off, eventually.

I was reading ‘We Were Liars’ at the end of January and I have done a review if you would like to know my full views. I did enjoy the story and whilst I was expecting the ending I didn’t expect it the way it panned out.

‘Moonchild’ is another book I was reading when I entered February and it was a book I had been asked to review and again I enjoyed please see review for more details!
‘Beautifully Torn’ is a small book of poetry by Roanne Legg who is a friend of a family friend, and I actually read her work for University but I would recommend. Beautifully Torn is a book of poetry of love for mothers, very sweet and atmospheric and easy-to-read for first-time poetry readers.

‘The Winner’s Curse’ now this is a book I am proud of, it was actually on my TBR for last month and I managed to read it! Hurrah! I enjoyed this story, not wholeheartedly it felt a little clunky in the middle, but I did enjoy the original fast-pace of the story and the premise of the series, which continues with the ‘The Winner’s Crime’ that comes out, I believe, in the next few days! I will be purchasing the second book of this trilogy.

And lastly I read two ‘Chronicles of Narnia’ books, for the first time. I don’t know why I felt like reading these books but I did and I enjoyed them. I am reading them in totally the wrong order, having skipped ‘The Magicians Nephew’ and ‘The Horse and his Boy’ but I just enjoy the Pevensies’s storyhence I’ll probably read the last few books.

These stories are timeless, simple, sweet and the epitome of escapism. I love it! Even with the Christian under-tones which couldn’t be clearer if C.S. Lewis tried again! But hey, don’t judge!

Sothey were the books I read and here are the books I aim to read in March:

1.   The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader

 
2.   The Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair

3.   The Chronicles of Narnia: The Last Battle

4.   The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
 
5.   Scarlet by Marissa Myer

6.   I Truly Lament by Mathias B.Freese

 
Am I trying to over-achievepossibly. Since I have several essays and review prep over the next month I doubt I will get through all of these books but I aim to try!

Let me know what you are reading this month and what you think of the Chronicles of Narnia..!

Happy Reading!

1 comment

  1. You have some interesting books on your TBR for next month. Out of these I read only Scarlet and all I can say is that you're gonna spend a great time with that book ;)

    ReplyDelete