If I Could...Be a Book Character // Blog Series


If I Could

‘Be a Book Character’

I have a new series of blogposts. ‘If I could’ every few weeks I intend to do a post like this a catch underneath it, like todays ‘be a book character’. It is almost a tag but I will be forming a Frankenstein’s monster of 10 characters, male or female.

If I could be a book character, I would be: A female with

-          Katniss Everdeen’s sarcasm From Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


-          Sam’s music taste - From Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky


-          Charlie’s writing skills From Perks of being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky


-          Eleanor’s bravery From Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell


-          Celia’s magic abilities From The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstein


-          Hermione’s intelligence From Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling


-          Lily’s values From The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd


-          Bridget’s humour From Bridget Jones’s Diary by Helen Fielding


-          Frodo’s determination From Lord of the Rings by J.R.R.Tolkien


-          Augustus’s sweetness From The Fault in Our Stars by John Green


That is my ideal book character. Slightly off-the-tin as many readers probably expected me to say ‘I would beKatniss Everdeen or Cinderella’ and why, but I thought that this was much more entertaining!

To summarise:

My book character is:

-          Sarcastic

-          Brave

-          Intelligent

-          Funny

-          Determined

-          Sweet

And has:

-          Good music taste

-          Good writing skills

-          Magical abilities

-          High values

Doesn’t she sound lovely? Have a go and let me know what kind of things you would take from your favourite book characters and see what character it forms!

Happy Reading!

2 comments

  1. I loved this! That would be an awesome female character for sure :)

    ReplyDelete