Ten Books You Recently Added To Your To-Be-Read List // Top Ten Tuesday

So it is Tuesday again and since I had such a great response to my last attempt at this wonderful meme, courtesy of Broke and the Bookish: http://www.brokeandbookish.com/, I thought I would do another. And this weeks is: ten books you recently added to your TBR list.

I am quite an organised person, I currently have 9 notebooks 4 of which are planners not to mention a load of calendars and post-it notes around my room. I think I was told I was too unorganised as a child and now I really am! So my point I have a list of books I want to read! And so this Top Ten was really rather easy!

Here are the 10 books I have added to my TBR List recently:

1.   Fairest by Marissa Myer
 

Yes, I know I still haven’t read ‘Scarlet’ or ‘Cress’ but I really want to, and I am planning on doing so eventually. This book is 3.5, it is a short novella in between Cress and the soon-to-be-released ‘Winter’. It is a story about the evil queen Levana, and sounds great! Looking forward to purchasing this pretty little book!

2.   Legend by Marie Lu
 

I always see this book on Bookshelf Tours, my favourite kinds of Youtube videos, and so whilst I don’t know anything about it I would have added it to my TBR list in the hope of reading it soon!

3.   The Ruling Class by Peter Barnes (Play)
 

This play is currently on stage in Trafalgar with James McAvoy at the protagonist. A friend of mine works with a ticket company and has seen this play a load of times, met James McAvoy just as frequently which make me incredibly jealous but she also showed the book of the play and within reading a few pages I was hooked on it! I just love one of the quotes within it: ‘How do you know you’re God When I pray I’m speaking to myself.’ How genius is that!

4.   Peter and Alice by John Logan (Play)
I was going through quite a play phase recently, as I am now going through a poem phase, and this was a play that really peaked my interest. Set around the meeting of Alice Liddell and Peter Llewelyn Davis, the two children behind the inspiration for Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan, this book sounds beautiful as well as fascinating.

5.   The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson
 

I think I have blabbed enough about this book recently, it just sounds amazing! I can’t wait to read it.

6.   All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
 

This book is being likened to Fault in our Stars and whilst I wasn’t the greatest fan of The Fault In Our Stars and I am interested to reading this novel for its own merit, and also because the cover is gorgeous!

7.  Chopsticks by Jessica Anthony and Rodrigo Corral
 

I saw this book in Waterstones recently and it hurt to put it down! I am not the largest fans of graphic novels, it is something I would like to get into more, but I really loved the look of this book. It was beautiful.

8.   Cinderella by Charles Perrault, illustrations by Camille Rose Garcia
 

Having recently seen the movie for this book see my review at: http://www.mystudentstyle.co.uk/cinderella-review/ I am in love with this fairytale once more. I kind of grew up away from the traditional Disney shows I watched all of them but I preferred live-action adaptions and musicals like ‘A Slipper and the Rose’ one of my favourite films! but I’ve surprisingly never read the original story, and having seen the cover of a lately printed version I really want to!

9.   Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
 

This book has been raved about from here to high heaven! Even George R.R. Martin said it was his favourite book of 2014 and it does sound truly amazing! It is about a group of Shakespearean actors who are performing King Lear when one of the actors drops dead of this mysterious plague that then sweeps the earth. It sounds fascinating!

10. Sleeper and the Spindle by Neil Gaiman, Illustrations by Chris Riddell
 

This book is another fairytale adaption there is a theme running here and it is a cross between a novel and Graphic novel. I have read ‘Stardust’ by Neil Gaiman and whilst I wasn’t blown away by it, I am interested to read some of his other works and this one has just caught my interest as it is described as a cross between Sleeping Beauty and Snow White!

There we have it. My Top Ten Recently Added Books to my To-Be-Read List. What do you think? Any of these books peaking your interest, or are they any others you could recommend? Let me know, and have ago at this week’s Top Ten! It’s good fun!

Happy Reading!

No comments