Top Ten Books on Spring TBR List // Top Ten Tuesday

So I thought that as a Book Blogger I should really join the bandwagon when it comes to the Broke and the Bookish Top Ten Tuesday’sI just always forgetbut not today! Ha ha! Success.

If you fancy a go have a look at their updated Meme post: http://www.brokeandbookish.com/p/top-ten-tuesday-other-features.html
Today’s list is really interesting and actually perfect so I’ll jump straight in:

1.   The Girl With All The Gifts by M.R.Carey this book has interested me for so long the opening lines are stunning and although I know that this is not to my usual theme of historical to YA, I believe it’s more to the horror/thriller domain, it still really interests me!

 
2.   Seraphina by Rachel Hartman Dragons! I want to read a book with dragons in and the concept of this one really seems different dragons that can appear as humans
 
3.   Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer - Another book that has just been interesting me for a while without a particularly reason why. It is a YA book about a group of literary students who read Sylvia Plath’s ‘The Bell Jar’ and something happens because of itmaybe as a book blogger it just calls to me! Probably notits probably the really colourful cover!
 

4.   Divergent by Veronica Roth Insurgent obviously comes out in a couple of day and I have had about a 2 year delay when it comes to reading these books so I feel that I should get on that!

5.   Scarlet by Marissa Myer I really want to carry on this series,  but like Cinder, I’m having that strange experience where I really want to read a book but when I go to read it I suddenly don’t want to anymore. No idea why since I really want to read the book! Odd.

 
6.   Downton Abbey Series 3 Scripts I devoured the first two books of these scripts and I’m looking forward to re-immersing myself into the world of Downton Abbey from a different angle with the scripts you get a lot of cut/deleted scenes as well as commentary from Julian Fellowes which is really interesting and funny!

 
7.  Ready Player One by Ernest Clime I need to break up my reading a bit and this seems like the book to do it. I hate gaming, unless you count Sims 2 which I don’t, so I wonder how much I will enjoy this bookbut as many people do enjoy it I hope I am pleasantly surprised.

8.   The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien I am currently over halfway in the 4th book (there are 6 not 3!) and I am enjoying the series but I really want to complete this series soon as it is turning into a bit of an obligation as I feel I have to read them all close together otherwise I lose the narrativedoes anyone else feel that way?
 
9.   Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen  - I have to read this book one day, why not now, I recently bought a comfortable, not pretty but comfortable, copy as my other one my sister used when she studied it at school and it is mauled and written inI don’t know about you guys but I struggle to read books that have been written/ruined! I really puts me off!


 
10. Finallyand I mean finallyI will begin to read Harry Potter & the Philosopher’s Stone! I always read Harry Potter over summer summer for me technically begins in Springconfusing right! I finished University in May so that is when I drop everything to read Harry Potter for the 5th year in a row! I’m doing this until my 115th Birthday! That way I can say I have read the series every year, for 100 years! (I doubt I’ll make 115, so I’ll settle for my 65th birthday instead!)
 
So there we have itmy Spring TBR listI’ll never have to make a TBR Post again until June now! (No, I’m kiddingthis will most likely change as I buy and hurriedly read some of these I am going to rush through Scarlet I thinkI need  to just read that book!

Let me know if you’ve done this Meme and let me what you’re planning on reading!

Happy Reading!

7 comments

  1. I just recently finished Ready Player One and I really liked it, I do like gaming but I think (well hope) even if you don't play games you'll still be able to understand and enjoy the book! Harry Potter is always a must, I love rereading them :D
    You have a really nice list here, enjoy reading :)
    http://alicaitrin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your "read Harry Potter" every year until you are 115. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seraphina was on my list too! I honestly can't wait to read it. And I totally get what you mean - I've never gotten around to reading lotr, but I can imagine it's a lot like A Song of Ice and Fire. If I went even a month between books, I'd probably have to start all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ali - I hope I enjoy Ready Player One, I'll certainly give it a try! And Harry Potter is a must! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kay - That is the plan! It never gets old - I want to read it right and I only read it 10 months ago! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zoey - I only recently bought Seraphina but I can't wait to read it! :D It really is like A Song of Ice & Fire - I actually began reading that series and I read each book as the first 3 seasons came out and then when the year passed and so much had happened I couldn't read them anymore...I'd like to revisit those books in future too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome TBR! I'm curious to know your thoughts on these books ;)

    ReplyDelete