Books to read in Sunshine // Themed Post

So in honour of the beautiful weather that I experienced today up in London I actually wore shorts and was never once cold! I thought a themed post was required. Books that are best enjoyed in sunshine!

1.   Harry Potter & the Philosophers Stone

 
Whether by the knowledge that it is one of my favourite books, or simply because I read the series every summer so associate them with sunshine, this is definitely one of those books that I would happily sit and read whilst sunbathing in the garden!

2.   Where the Rainbow Ends by Cecelia Ahern

 
A simple love story that spans an age, easy to read and easy to put down and pick up. I think I would enjoy reading this book whilst lounging at the beach or relaxing with some friends!

3.   The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett

 
There cannot be a more suitable book to read in the garden when it is sunny and all you want to do is relax yet at the same time you really want to make your garden into a relaxing paradise! A motivator as well as an enjoyment.

4.   Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

 
I am a little vain in thinking that when I am reading a book in sunshine or outside a coffee shop I would like it to be sophisticated and intelligent-looking, what better choice that Austen! Sense & Sensibility not only sounds smart but is also an equally pleasing book.

5.   Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

 
This is not only in terms of sunshine but also in honour of the TV series beginning again yesterday. First off if you love the series but haven’t read the booksread them! Secondly, being such a large book it gives you a reason to spend more time sun-bathing whilst reading it!

Five books to read in sunshine! Love them all and love the excuses I can build with them! I don’t know about you but I never leave the house without a book not unless the book I am currently reading is huge and nothing else takes my fancy and I find nothing is more pleasurable than sitting down in any spot on the steps of a museum, against a fountain, a coffee shop or sea-front bench and reading a few pages! Lovely.

Let me know what books you would like to read in the sunshine, or books that inspire you to enjoy the sunshine!

1 comment

  1. Lovely post :) I really want to check out The Secret Garden. And I totally agree with you for Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete