Top Ten Books I Think I Should Read // Top Ten Tuesday

 
As always the Broke and Bookish Meme is on my mind: This week it is a FREEBIE week! Which means I choose the list of 10, or less, things to talk about! So

Top Ten Books I Think I Should Read

All the books that everyone says: ‘you should read

this before you turn 20’ or ‘when you fall in love for the first time’

1.   The Secret History by Donna Tartt all about a group of college students who are in a society which goes wrong a book I should read before I leave University.

2.   Ready Player One by Ernest Clime a book set in a dystopian future about a nostalgic-like game. A book I should read before I turn 30!

 
3.   How to be a Woman by Caitlin Moran Because it is a book I have been told all British woman should read, generally.

 
4.   The Handmaids Tale by Margaret Atwood another book that has been recommend to me as a female, but also as a student and general human being. About women being used simply as baby-carriers.

5.   The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath I think this is a book I definitely should read, and I hope to one day. It is intellectually stimulating according to my friend.

 
6.   One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken Kessey If the book is anything like the film it is going to be a really interesting read, and one that I think will be a great conversation starter in the future.

 
7.  Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides I have been really interested in the LGBT Themed books lately and I think Middlesex will be my next sort of book in this genre the main character discovers they are a hermaphrodite and the story revolves her as this happens.
 
 
8.   A Town Like Alice by Nevil Shute My mother has really recommended this book to me lately and I am really intrigued about it...

 
9.   Far From the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy I think I should read some of Hardy’s work eventually, bar his poetry, and I think this would be the one I started with. I haven’t seen the recent film adaption but the story intrigues me more than ‘Tess of the D’Urbervilles’.

 
10. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen I really should read this book eventually! I have read others of Austen but this is considered her pinnacle of work! Need to readneed to readmost remember this mantra!

 
So they are my Top 10 books I think should readeventually. What books do you think you should read comment below, or on Google + or Tweet me at @ElliePilcher95

Happy Reading!

2 comments

  1. I just saw the new movie - with Carey Mulligan - of FAR FROM THE MADDING CROWD and it was SOOOOOOOOOOO excellent!!!!!!!! I think the book would be different but still good. I also have read The Secret History but did not loooove it like everybody else did. Oh well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Highly recommend How To Be A Woman- I utterly adored it! Also The Handmaid's Tale is very thought provoking, but if you want to read something similar but more recent, you might like Only Ever Yours by Louise O'Neill which focuses on similar themes but is a bit more accessible (I think!). If you've not read Only Ever Yours I reviewed it on my blog earlier this month if you want to know a little more! xxx

    ReplyDelete