Top Ten Books I Will Probably Never Read // Top Ten Tuesday

Broke and the Bookish :)

Two posts in two daysaren’t you lucky. Well not really, I just really need a break from revision and it is Top Ten Tuesday so why not!

Today’s Top Ten is quite interesting actually and I look forward to reading everybody lists  to see what books they think they will be guilty of never reading. Already I imagine classic novels are going to dominate this list?

1.   Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

 
I know how much this book is considered his best work but after seeing numerous TV/Films of this book I find the beginning quite interesting but the middle and ending dull, so I think I’d give this book a miss.

2.   Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

 
I have had this book on my shelf for some time, it is so bright I actually remember where it is precisely placed on my shelf! but since the movie came out and the ending was ‘accidently’ spilled across the whole of the internet/Oscars for everyone to see I don’t think I’m that fussed anymore.

3.   The Giver by Lois Lowry

 
I didn’t even know this book existed until the movie and bearing in mind the movie trailer and the premise, it really didn’t peak my interest at all.

4.   Jamaica Inn by Daphne Du Maurier

 
I really really enjoyed ‘Rebecca’ but Jamaica Inn never interested me. I don’t know if it is the dark premise the lack of characters or the lack of smiling that effected my decision but I don’t like the sound of this novel.

5.   Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L.James

Never Never Never!

6.   1984 by George Orwell

 
It’s a book I’ve often thought to myself ‘I would like to read’ but I don’t think I ever will. Why? I don’t know. Just not had that momentous feeling of ‘I really need to read this book’

7.  The Kite Runner by Khaleed Hosseini

 
I have bought this book twice with the inclination to read it and never have done. I even started it and didn’t get further then ten pages before shutting it and picking up something else.

8.   The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

 
Another famous book that I’ve often been told I should read but it holds no interest over me. Maybe its one of those books that the film will make me interested in it, but then again isn’t the movie supposed to be terrible?

9.   Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

 
I think my Vampire loving days are over. Over-Hyped themes is like watching the same game of Tennis over and over. Great to begin with, really energetic and fresh, adrenaline pumping and whatnot, the second round is kind of to make sure it really happened but by the third, fourth, fifth.you’re sick of Tennis. (Did anyone get that analogy?)

10. White Teeth by Zadie Smith

 
Another great bestselling book, that seems to be haunting all the ‘must-read’ lists I’ve read latelybut I don’t think I’ll ever read this book either.

There we go. Ten books I feel I will never read. It was quite refreshing to do a blogpost on books I don’t own or likeI’ve found that by about my 30th post I was just repeating posts on the same books. It’s about time that changed!

Great, folks, let me know what you don’t think you’re ever going to read. Or leave your links to this meme! I’d love to check them out J

Happy Reading!





7 comments

  1. I totally feel the same about a lot of these books, especially Great Expectations and The Kite Runner. For Gone Girl, I was excited to read it, got spoiled, and ended up going to see the movie because at least I could have that enjoyment. Now I just don't really feel the pull to read it like I did before. Really great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the Vampire Academy series ;-) Fifty Shades made my list as well.

    A great list! Sharon – Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I probably wouldn't read most of these books either although I have read Gone Girl and liked it, but then I read it before the movie came out so there was no chance of possible spoilers. Fifty Shades of Grey was also on my list, it seems to be a popular choice this week, for the wrong reasons!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/05/top-ten-tuesday-3/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon - I just don't think I'll ever get back into the Vampire world I feel slightly over-loaded after Twilight ;) And Fifty Shades is finally getting recognition it deserved - the bad kind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Steph - It's a shame about Gone Girl - I haven't even seen the movie but because of all the hype and the ending being spoilt it just doesn't seem worth it :( Shame as I would have liked to have read but I doubt I ever will!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi JJ, was Gone Girl a good book then? I know people say it is but I've only really heard of it being good in terms of plot - and since that's spoilt it doesn't seem worth it. Fifty Shades of bad literature is what it should be called it seems ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Great Expectations and Kite Runner! Give it a try! I think Faulkner will haunt me forever. I always fall asleep halfway through the first chapter.

    ReplyDelete