Books I Want to Read over Summer 2015 // TBR


Currently at 8:15pm in England, by my house, it is over-cast with a slight coolness in the air, but it is fairly warm.

It is Junethis is not my overall idea of Summer but I’ll take it for now! I would prefer some more sunshine, a little more heat and perhaps a few days off to enjoy it and/or write some more blogposts!

So, in the (lack of) heat in the moment, I have chosen to write about books I aim to read this summer!

1.   Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson

-      I have never read this book, it has summer in the title and it is a YA fiction novelwhy would I not aim to read this in Summer!


2.   All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

-      I have heard that this is the new ‘The Fault In Our Stars’ and will make me cry as much aswell as much as everyone else cried at TFIOS. (As most of you know I didn’t actually cry at TFIOS and actually found it over-hyped) this book  is less hyped and yet just as powerful to most, it seems, so I want to give it ago!

 

3.   Station Eleven by Emily St John-Mandel

-      Another much-hyped novel which I think does deserve some attention from the praise I have heard of it. The plot line sounds really interesting in a group of touring Shakespearean actors, the lead drops dead of this strange virus which begins to kill off everyone, and this band of actors have to survive somehowsounds quite thrilling!



4.   The Girl You Left Behind by JoJo Moyes

-      With the wrap of the film adaption of Moyes ‘Me Before You’ (Which I am yet to buy) I have been feeling a lot of interest in her books as I have yet to read onethis one is about a girl during WW1 so I think this is the best book for me to start with!
 


5.   Paper Towns by John Green

-      Before I see the movie which does look surprisingly good I would like to actually read this story. The premise of the story the cool/gorgeous girl, breaks into her shy neighbour’s house and they have an epic over-night adventure before she disappears the next morning without a tracesounds quite intriguing. I look forward to reading this one!
 


So I’ll only do 5 books for now although Summer to me last until the last day of Augustbut I am working full-time, and I simply don’t have the time to read as much as I would like to! But we shall see what happens over the next few weeks and I shall keep you updated!

Happy Reading Folks!

 

1 comment

  1. Last summer I said I would read Second Chance Summer and I still haven't picked it up. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it after you read it ;)

    ReplyDelete