Liebster Award


What is LBA?

“Nomination for LBA (Liebster Award) is received from another blogger in recognition for a ‘job well done’. It is awarded for blogs with fewer readers, so it gives the possibility of better recognition. The nominees should answer the 11 questions they received from the person who nominated them. Then nominate 11 new blogs and give them 11 new questions.

The Rules

·        You can’t nominate the people who nominated you.

·        You have to notify the new nominees of the event, providing a link to your blog to these instructions.

·        You have to ask 11 questions set for bloggers only.

·        Nominate 11 different blogs.

The Eleven Questions:

1.   Why are you blogging?

I mainly chose to start a blog because I wanted to gain experience in a book-environment based job (almost). I am a writer by trade but I want to get into Book Publishing after I complete my degree starting a blog was a foot in the right direction. It has also fuelled my love of books!

2.   What’s your best quote in life?

Props go to mum for this: “Rule 1: All men are bastards. Rule 2: If in doubt, Rule 1 applies”. It’s not always true but hey, it’s funny!

3.   If someone gave you £5000 how would you spend the money?

The clichéd answer would be ‘Books!’ and it would certainly be true to some extent. But I would also book a holiday to New York for New Year’s Eve! That’s one of my bucket list wishes!

4.   Do you think people can change? (Are you the same person as you were 5 years ago?)

Peopl can most definitely change! 5 years ago I was a boffin, who didn’t brush her hair, had glasses, braces and a very sarcastic/defensive attitude. Now I am much more open (although still sarcastic) I try hard to look ‘good’ but focus on what I like more than trends and I am happier than I’ve ever been.

5.   If you were granted an autograph from anyone who would it be?

Because it is an impossibility I would certainly treasure an autograph from one of the Bronte Sisters. They never received the recognition that deserved (whilst alive) Anne and Emily in particular and asking them for an autograph (although most likely they’d have refused) would have been at least some encouragement that their writing was worth it.

6.   What is something you have always wanted to try?

I have always wanted to try figure skating. The idea of being able to spin 40 mph and practically fly whilst skating on ice seems mesmerising to me!

7.  You have 3 plane tickets where are you going?

I’d get a plane to America probably Boston or New York then catch a plane over to Rome before flying to Edinburgh and driving home. There are so many places I’d like to visit but they’re some of my top places.

8.   What type of people are you afraid of?

The people who say hurtful things without realising that they are hurtful. Because when you question them you only hurt their feelings which makes you the bad person. Lose-lose.

9.   Who’s your favourite actor and what was his or her best role?

I have so many favourite actors/actresses and I flit from person to person quite regularly. At the minute probably Dylan O’Brien from Teen Wolf/Maze Runner Series.

10. How do you think the world will look in 100 years?

Probably a whole lot taller and less sunny. With a lot of screens and monochrome buildings.

11. Who is your favourite artist or painter?

My favourite artist is an up and coming artist: Freyja Hides-Westwood. (See her work below)


Nominees:










http://teabooksandfun.blogspot.fr/


Here are my questions:

1.   Why did you start blogging?

2.   What is your favourite hobby?

3.   Who is a person you admire?

4.   What is your ideal birthday?

5.   If you could pass one law what would it be?

6.   What is your favourite food?

7.  What are two aims for your blog?

8.   If you could travel back in time where would you go?

9.   What is your favourite quote/motto?

10. What were your dreams as a child?

11. What was the last thing that made you smile?
 
Happy Reading J

No comments