The 'Would You Rather' Book Tag



I was tagged to the ‘Would You Rather’ book tag by the lovely Soudha over at Of Stacks and Cups and I thought it was about time I did it!

The tag was originally created by Rachel Reads, a youtuber, and you can watch her video here.

 

1.   Would you rather read only trilogies or stand alones?

I think I would mostly read stand alones, that way I can read more diversely and also read more, trilogies are great but I sometimes miss other characters and storylines.

 

2.  Would you rather read only male or female authors?

This is a random question for me because I never really differentiate between authors, I’m looking at my bookshelf now and for the first time becoming aware that authors had genders in the first place I know that sounds weird but it’s not the author I’m reading (again, that sounds weird) it’s their workbut I suppose I would go female simply because then I get to read Harry Potter still

 

3.   Would you rather shop at Barnes & Nobles Waterstones or Amazon?
(I’ve crossed out Barnes & Nobles as I’m British and we don’t have a Barnes & Nobles shop, mostly Waterstones)

I think I would choose Amazon. I know that that is sacrilege considering all the hoo-hah over the economics and unfairness of Amazon but I am a sucker for a bargain and you can find beautiful editions of books on Amazon too.

 

4.  Would you rather all books became movies or TV Shows?

I’d say movies simply because I watch a minimum of 3 movies a day and I’m not a fan of long-drawn out stories. Also TV shows have a habit of changing bits from books to elongate the shows rather than respecting the written word.

 

5.  Would you rather read 5 pages per day or 5 books per week?

This is hard one! I wouldn’t know whether I’d have the headspace to read 5 books a week but I don’t think I could stand only 5 pages a dayso I’ll go with 5 books a week. Who needs sleep!

 

6.  Would you rather be a professional reviewer or author?

Author. Handsdown. Easy question.

 


7.  Would you rather only read your top 20 favourite books over and over or always read new ones that you haven’t read before?

I’m going to sound like a hypocrite but I’d ready new ones. I love reading Harry Potter every summer but if I were only left with Harry Potter and 13 other books I would be lacking imaginative freedom!

 

8.   Would you rather be a librarian or a book seller

I think I would be a book seller there is nothing better then those crisp pages, brand-new-book smell as well as the unlimited access to newly published books.

 

9.  Would you rather only read your favourite genre, or ever genre except your favourite?

I think I would opt to read every genre except my favourite, there are so many genres to read I would feel tied down if I was just to read my favourite which at the moment is Historical Fiction.

 

10.            Would you rather only read physical books or eBooks?

Physical books only! Ever! I can’t read eBooks, they irritate me and give me headaches!

 

So there we have it. Thanks Soudha for tagging me! I tag anyone that wants to have ago! J

 

Happy Reading




1 comment

  1. Cool answers :) I like your answer for 2. I do love certain authors more than others and enjoy reading about their lives etc, but when I'm actually reading a book, I just don't really think about the author. So I'm enjoying what I'm reading, it doesn't matter whether a woman or a guy wrote it.

    ReplyDelete