October TBR


Autumn is here! I have been loving autumn so far this year: Spiced lattes at Starbucks, over-sized scarves and autumnal berry colours! I sound like a right hipster!

It is also perfect for snuggling up in the corner of my bed, with my blanket and a hot chocolate (or simply chocolate in my case) with a book! Ooh, I’m getting tingles just thinking about it!

Love it!

So what am I reading this OctoberwellIf I actually stick to this TBR I shall be reading:

1.   The Midwich Cuckoos by John Wyndham
 

I am currently reading this after finding it in my local charity shop. It is about a tiny pastoral village, where nothing ever happens, where one day for no apparent reason everyone passes out. They all wake up a day later, but all the women are pregnant and they give birth to these unnatural children. (It's the book that was adapted for the film 'Village of the Damned')

Basically it is an alien story in a pastoral British setting! Sounds unusual and awesome! And the first chapter is the best first chapter I have read in years! It had me hooked instantaneously!

2.   Me Before You by JoJo Moyes
 

I am planning, (still) to get around to reading a JoJo Moyes book. This one has had a lot of praise from my friends lately and the fact that the movie is coming out soon, and the sequel got published a few days ago, I think it is about time I read this bestseller.

It is about a man and a womansurprise surprisethe man Will is a Quadriplegic and the woman Louisa - is a down-on-her-luck young woman who becomes his carer. The story revolves around them as two people and what happens over the 6 months that they spend together.

3.   Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
 

I am in an ‘adult reading’ mood at the moment. Summer is my fantasy/YA time and Autumn clearly is my ‘classics/adult’ fiction time. Middlesex is about a gender fluid character someone who is both boy and girl really and it is set in the 1960s/70s when gender and sexuality were not really discussed topics.

Jen Campbell raved about this book a few months ago on Booktube and I have been really interested in reading it since then and I think I am going to try to get around to it this month.

Because of the fact that I a mini-dissertation to prepare for, not to mention regular university classes, I am not going to add any more books to my TBR as it is very unlikely I will get through many.

But out of October these are 3 books I would like to read. If I have time I’d like to add some ‘scarier’ kind of Halloween-y books to the list as wellbut before I can do that I need to buy some!

Any suggestions??

Happy Reading!  

 

1 comment

  1. Lovely post- I love reading in the fall time too- especially if it's raining outside.

    http://beaudaily.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete