The Fall-Time Cosy Tag


 
I love Fall. It’s the in-between season, not too hot and not too cold. It is full of colour, flavours and promise. And it’s when I often find I am most inspired to read. Perfect.

 

Which makes this a good book tag:

 

1.   CRUNCHNG LEAVES

The world is full of colour. Choose a book that has reds, oranges or yellows on the cover.

-      Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee


A new purchase for me which I’ve got to be honest I’m  unlikely to read since I still haven’t read ‘To Kill a Mockingbird’ and I don’t want to spoil that story with this original re-write. But it’s orange!

 

2.   COSY SWEATER

It's finally cold enough to don warm, cozy clothing. What book gives you the warm fuzzies?

-Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares by David Levithan & Rachel Cohn

 
I know that this book is set in New York at Christmas but there is something sweet and fun about it, and the fact that I can read this tucked up in my jumper makes me feel warm & fuzzy.

3.   FALL STORM

The wind is howling and the rain is pounding. Choose your favourite book or genre that you like to read on a stormy day.

-      Harry Potter & the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling

 
Or actually any book regarding Harry Potter. The story, the characters, the ideas and the film will keep me engrossed whilst I wait for the storm to break. In terms of genre: anything!

 

4.   COOL CRISP AIR

What's the coolest character you'd want to trade places with?

-      Bridget Jones from Bridget Jones’ Diary

 
Okshe’s not really coolbut she has some money and two men falling for her and quirky friends and a London apartment. All of this makes her sound so cool, but she’s not! Yet I still wouldn’t mind having something similar to her life.

 

5.   HOT APPLE CIDER

What under-hyped book do you want to see become the next biggest, hottest thing?

-      The Night Circus by Erin Morgernstern

 
This book did get some hype and people seem to enjoy it but to me it feels a bit forgotten now and I wish it wasn’t! It was brilliantly written, memorable and unique and I think a book people should make their business to read!

 

6.   COATS, SCARVES & MITTENS

The weather has turned cold and it's time to cover up. What's the most embarrassing book cover you own that you like to keep hidden in public?

-      Lady Chatterley’s Lover by D.H. Lawrence

 
Reading a book with a naked ladies torso on, in public, is not my favourite past-time, got to admit.

 

7.  PUMPKIN SPICE

What's your favourite Fall Time comfort food or drink?

-      Vanilla Spice Latte & Jammie Dodgers

 
Neither are really Fall-Related but they’re what I’ve been craving lately!

 

That was my Fall-Time Cosy tag. It was surprisingly difficult but fun! Anyone who wants to try it! Enjoy.

Happy Reading!

2 comments

  1. Dash and Lily's Book of Dares is such a cute book! I need to dig my copy out to re-read this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's normally a Christmas read - but I love Christmas! And I love getting in the mood early - so it's more of an Autumn read to me now ;) Definitely worth finding again!

    ReplyDelete