Christmas Book Quotes


 
Christmas is a time of repeated films, re-reads and a lot of childhood memories. I find that over the years I have digested favourite quotes and I’ve decided to share them!

1.   ‘Maybe Christmas’ the Grinch thought, ‘Doesn’t come from a storemaybe Christmasperhapsmeans a little bit more.’ by Dr Seuss, from ‘When the Grinch Stole Christmas’. 

2.   ‘It was the beginning of the greatest Christmas ever. Little food. No presents. But there was a snowman in the basement.’ by Marcus Zusak from ‘The Book Thief’

3.   ‘One can never have enough socks.’ Said Dumbledore by J.K. Rowling, from ‘Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone’


4.   ‘Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childish days; that can recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth; that can transport the sailor and the traveller, thousands of miles away, back to his own fire-side and his quiet home!’ by Charles Dickens from ‘The Pickwick Papers’

5.   ‘I don’t want Christmas season to end, because it’s the only time I can legitimately indulge in one particular addiction: glitter’ by Eloisa James from ‘Paris in Love’


6.   ‘At one time, most of my friends could hear the bell, but as years passed, it fell silent for all of them. Even Sarah found one Christmas that she could no longer hear its sweet sound. Though I’ve grown old, the bell still rings for me, as it does for all who truly believe.’ By Chris Van Allsburg from ‘The Polar Express’


7.  ‘Miracles happen on Christmas, Pat. Everybody knows that shit.’ By Matthew Quick from ‘The Silver Linings Playbook’


8.   ‘I will honour Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year’ By Charles Dickens from ‘A Christmas Carol’

 

Have you got any favourite book quotes from Christmas?? Comment below and let me know!

And don’t forget to check out the giveaway I’m doing! It ends on Christmas Day!

Merry Christmas and Happy Reading!

3 comments

  1. Hey really like your blog. One of my new year's resolutions is to read more, so I'll use your blog as inspo :) Where in the south east are you from? I'm a Sussex girl myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stella, I'm a Kentish girl :) Got to love the South-East! x That's so sweet! If you want have any suggestions for blogposts just let me know! :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These quotes are simply perfect. And I totally agree with Dumbledore, one can never have enough socks XD

    ReplyDelete