Tis the Season Book Tag!


 
As promised: a new Christmas-sy post everyday until Christmas! I’m kicking it off with the  ‘Tis the Season Tag!

Who doesn’t love a Tag! J


1.   Do you have a favourite Winter Read?



HmmBallet Shoes by Noel Streatfield. I love this story, it’s short, sweet yet packs a punch. It’s set in the early Edwardian Period and surrounds 3 orphaned girls who becomes sisters in a large boarding house.

Pauline who wants to be an actress Petrova who wants to be a pilot and Posy who wants to be the best ballerina in existence. It’s a really sweet, believable story that I try to read at this time every year!



2.   Find a Book with Blue on the cover

 
OkayI found: The Bees by Carol Ann Duffy. It is a poetry collection with a gorgeous cover and no, it is not about bees, but the theme of bees occurs within many of the poems. It’s not my favourite collection of her’s I prefer ‘The World’s Wife’ but it is still a lovely little book to add to my collection.


3.   Find a book you’d use as the star on a Christmas Tree!

This has to be my old edition ‘A Christmas Carol’ by Charles Dickens. I remember buying this beaten up, 1930s edition of the book, in an antiques store whilst on one of my weird family holidays. It cost me £2 and is still one my favourite books of my collection today! The ultimate Christmas story.

 
4.   Pick one fictional place that would be perfect for a winter vacation!


I have to go with Soudha from over at Of Stacks and Cups and go with Hogsmeade near Hogwarts! Oh my God! What I wouldn’t give to try a real butterbeer (not the cream soda kind at Harry Potter Studios) and to shop in Honeydukes and visit the Shrieking Shack!


5.   Pick one fictional character you’d take with you on your winter vacation!

 
Can I take Peeta Mellark with meI have a funny feeling he’d carry the bags and buy whatever I wantedhe’s so sweet like that (in my head anyway)

6.   Name one book on your wish list this year!

 
There’s only one massive one and that is the Illustrated Edition of Harry Potter & the Philosopher’s Stone! I really, really, would like to get it for Christmas!

7.  Favourite holiday drink, treat & movie?

 
Holiday Drink: This year it is the Gingerbread Latte from Costa!

Holiday Treat: HmmChristmas Tree Chocolates always taste so good!

Holiday Film: Just because I watched it today: Scrooge: The Musical. ‘Thank you very much, thank you very much, that’s the nicest thing that anyone’s ever done for meLOVE IT!

 

So there we have the ‘Tis the Season Book Tag! Let me know any of your answers to the questions and Merry Christmas!

Check out all of the other bloggers taking part in this Christmas Giveaway Hop and don’t forget to check out the Giveaway on the previous blogpost!

Suze Likes, Loves, Finds and Dreams (INT)

Of Stacks and Cups (INT)

My Gorgeous Recipes

Olivia@Olivia’s Catastrophe (INT)

Melanie@Dat Little Blog (INT)

Happy Reading!

1 comment

  1. I haven’t actually Ballet Shoes but I’m adding to my TBR for 2016. It does sound like a beautiful book. This edition of the bees is simply gorgeous! I don’t read lots of poetry although I have been meaning to read some of Carol Ann Duffy’s works. Yeah to Hogsmeade! I would love to drink Butterbeer too! Actually, I would love to try all the delicious things from the HP world ^^

    ReplyDelete