Ten Books to Read in 2016

 
I’ve been going over my past blogposts and I came across this list of books that I was going to attempt to read over 2015:

1.   Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel

2.   Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen

3.   A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness

4.   The Girl you Left Behind by JoJo Moyes

5.   Lord of the Rings Series by J.R.R. Tolkien

6.   The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte

7.  A New York: Winter’s Tale by Mark Helprin

8.   The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Myer

9.   The 5th Wave by Rick Yancy

10. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon

Out of these books I read:

-      A Monster Calls

-      Cinder from The Lunar Chronicles

And I’ve started ‘The Girl you Left Behind’, I read a Jane Austen just not Pride & Prejudice - and I have only one book left to read in The Lord of the Rings series.

That’s not awfulbut not brilliant either.

StillI am going to set myself a list of books to read in 2016! Here goes nothing.

1.   The Bees by Laline Paull I was going on about this a few months back, and it is still on my to-read list, but I really just need to pick it up and read it!
 

2.   Hollow City by Ransom Riggs the sequel to ‘Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children’. I really enjoyed the first one, I just need to buy the second so as to follow it on! I do not want this to turn into my ‘Cinder-problem’ again!
 

3.   Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer Another book I just need to pick up and read, I’ve had it long enough, and the story does interest me. A load of teenagers are sent to some kind of reform school and are instructed to read Sylvia Plath’s ‘The Bell Jar’ and they are transported to some sort of world inside the book, or around the bookI’m not sure: I must read to find out!

4.   The Looking-Glass House by Vanessa Tait This has been on my wishlist for quite a while now and it really intrigues me. Hopefully I can get to this during the year.

5.   Very Good Lives by J.K. Rowling A lot of people have recommended this book to me as being a good book to read upon finishing university. It is a speech that Rowling made to a group of students in America and it was so good that it has been published. That speaks volumes to me already.
 

6.   Only Ever Yours by Louise O’Neil Another I’ve spoken a lot of, but truly want to read. I love the feminist aspects of this book.
 

7.  Kissing the Witch by Emma Donoghue I really enjoyed Room, well as anyone can ‘enjoy’ Room and it’s dark tale, and I want to read this collection of short stories. Each story is a re-telling of a fairy-tale with a lesbian twist, I believe. Sounds different and intriguing.

8.   ANYTHING by Ali Smith This is not a book, I just want to read something by Ali Smith this year. So many people keep mentioning her from people at my internship to Jen Campbell and some of my other favourite booktubers!
 

9.   A Town Called Alice by Nevil Shute This is another World War One novel and it is one that my mum has been recommending to me for quite a while now. Maybe I’ll get around to reading it this year.
 

10. Emma by Jane Austen I started reading this year about 3 years ago and got about halfway through and then got distracted. I really want to finish it because I really like the story Mr Knightley is my Mr Darcy!
 

There are 10 books that I’d like to get to this year! That gives me 362 days to read 10 bookshow hard can it be.

I say that every year

Let me know what books you’re going to attempt to read this year folks!

Happy Reading!

1 comment

  1. Wow, The Looking Glass House looks gorgeous. The cover reminds me of The Night Circus, don't know if you've read that? Will have to add it to my list!
    Would definitely recommend reading Hollow City and Only Ever Yours this year, they're both brill!

    ReplyDelete