25 Bookish Facts About Me


 
This is a very popular list to complete on Booktube and I thought I would complete on my blog today...

 
25 Bookish Facts About Myself:

1.      I prefer reading Paperback books to Hardbacks, but I prefer buying Hardbacks.

2.      If I don’t read the sequel of a book, or the sequel of a sequel etc, within a few days of completing the 1st or 2nd book, I am really unlikely to finish the series!

3.      I have not not read a book straight after finishing another one since I was 6 years old.

4.      My name is Eleanor...and I am a book-buying addict.

5.      I have never listened to an audiobook
 

6.      I really struggle to read eBooks as I get distracted by other things on my iPad.

7.      I used to dog-ear the pages of my books when I finished reading for the night – Horror!

8.      I cannot stand film-cover books.

9.      I buy 90% of my books from Charity Shops

10. I am less likely to read a book with a broken spine then I am to read a book with a perfectly intact spine

11. I have a collection of bookmarks

12. I only own 2 signed books…

13. I have met 2 authors and been tweeted by 2 authors.

14. I have written 3 novels myself – and I want to be a published writer one day.

15. I work at a Literary Agency as an intern and I have the amazing job of getting to email and write notes to writers, including Giovanna Fletcher, Carrie-Hope Fletcher and Liz Trenow.

16. I hated The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
 

17. My favourite book genre is Historical Fiction – any period up until 1989.

18. I do not lend books to anyone. I had to steal a book back from my ‘friend’ after they ‘borrowed’ it for 2 years.

19. I always begin craving chocolate when I’m reading…

20. I prefer floppy books to stiff books (The innuendos of this sentence just kills me)
 

21. I rarely read Over-Hyped books. If someone tells me ‘You’ll love it’ I usually hate it.

22. This year I want to read 60 books for my 2016 Goodreads Challenge

23. I cannot listen to music whilst I’m reading.

24. I do judge a book by its cover…and its spine…and its size…

25. I will never read a bind-up because it feels like too much pressure.
 
 

Those are 25 bookish facts about me. It was a fairly easy list – believe it or not.
 
 I’d be really interested to read everyone else’s bookish facts about them!
Comment below or send me links to your own blogs!

Happy Reading!


2 comments

  1. I love this list, I particularly love number 4! But, you have never listened to an audiobook??? I love listening to these at nights when my eyes are too tired to read.
    Good luck with your goodreads challenge, my is set at 40 for this year.
    Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never listened to one. I need to hold something or turn pages to keep my attention span fixed - I might try and listen to them in the car to see if that'll kick start a love of them, but otherwise: paperbacks for me :) Nice! Good luck with that xx Thanks for commenting x Ellie

      Delete