The Book Lover's Tag


 
I have been a bit sparse with my book blogging lately, due to my going back and forth from home to university and leaving my laptop where I couldn’t get it to it, so first off: apologies.

Today post, however, is a book tag: The Book Lover’s Tag. A fairly simple yet fun tag that I thought I would do. I tag anyone who would like to do it also J

1.   Do you remember how you developed a love of reading?

 
I have always loved reading, even as a child I remember sitting on the landing when it was well-passed my bedtime, because it was the only place with a light on and I wanted to read for a little longerthose Mr Men books were just addictive! But my first love experience with reading: Year 8, in English silent reading,  I read ‘The Secret Garden’ by Frances Hodgson-Burnett, and I couldn’t wait to pick up another book and I read some more!

2.   Where you do usually read?
 
Normally in bed. I read every night before I go to sleep even if it just a page to wind down, and in the day I will usually read sitting on my bed. I do read a lot on trains too, because I do a lot of travelling to my internship and to my home every now and then.

3.   Do you prefer to read one book at a time or several at once?
I used to be very much a ‘one book at a time’ kind of girl, but with university and changing from home to uni a lot, I often end reading more than one. Also if I’m reading a series and I need a break I’ll carry on reading the series but I’ll read another stand-alone book at the same time.

4.   What is your favourite genre?
 
I cannot answer this question well. I don’t have a favourite I read what I fancy, be it Young Adult or Adult Dystopian or Historical or Classic!

5.   What genre will you not read?
Erotica. Perhaps Horror, although I’m starting to read a few horror books nowbut rarely. But never Erotica.

6.   Do you have a favourite book?
Yes. I have many. ErmApache by Tanya Landman, The Night Circus by Erin Morgernstern, Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling, Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier, Eleanor and Park by Rainbow RowellSO MANY!

7.  What is the worst book you’ve ever read?

 
The worst book I’ve ‘read’ would be one that I’ve not actually finished, in which case: Starshine, I believe it was called. It was World War One novel with a lovely cover and great blurb, truly terrible beyond terrible writing! The worst book I’ve completed isKetchup Clouds by Annabel Pitcher. I really disliked this book!

8.   What is the biggest book you’ve ever read?

 
Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. I read this when I was 16 years old, for GCSE’s, and really enjoyed it! It was over 1000 pages long the movie is my favourite movie ever, and is 3.5 hours long (without the extras) it has a really intricate, detailed plot but the writing is very enjoyable also. A bit complicated if you don’t have a grasp of the characters, but I loved it.

9.   What was the last book you bought?

The last book I bought well I actually bought 4 today: ‘The Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan, The Dressmaker by Rosalie Ham, Selected Poems of The Bronte’s & The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood.

10. Which do you prefer: Library Books or Buying Books?
Oh buying books! I love to hoard books I want a library one day, that Belle from Beauty and the Beast would be jealous of! (high hopes!)

11. What are you reading now?

I finished ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ by Margaret Atwood just now, so I will be moving onto ‘Dorothy Must Dies: Stories’ by Danielle Paige three of six prequels Danielle Paige has released for her ‘Dorothy Must Die’ series.

12. What are the disadvantage to being a book lover?

There are a few minor ones 1. Nothing ever lives up to the novels. 2. I spend a bit too long in my books instead of being elsewhere/doing other things i.e. eating, sleeping, and doing university work...

13. What are the advantages of being a book lover?
 
Each book has the power to change your perception of life. Magic.

There are my answers to the Book Lover’s Tag. I hope you enjoyed it. Let me know some of your answers, or tag your own blogposts in the comments, I’d love to read them!

Happy Reading!

2 comments

  1. 1. Not really, but one of my first memories is of dragging out every book I had and making my mum read me every single one.
    2. In bed, I have a chronic illness and spend most of my time in bed.
    3. Several, I always have a paperback, an e book and an audio book on the go at once.
    4. Romance, but that's a really big genre.
    5. Horror, I've read (and loved) one, but won't read any more, I have enough nightmares without adding fuel.
    6. I have lots, but Tiger Eye my Marjorie M Liu is special to me because it introduced me to the wonderful world of paranormal romance.
    7. I've read some terrible books, but I can't remember the titles.
    8. Probably the longest Harry Potter.
    9. Apart from a free ebook I "bought" today, a couple of days ago I ordered copies of Beauty by Robin McKinley, Dark Dreamers by Christine Feehan and Marjorie M Liu and Bite Me If You Can by Lynsay Sands.
    10. I love both for different reasons.
    11. The Look of Love by Bella Andre (ebook), Caressed by Ice by Nalini Singh (paper) and Keep Me Safe by Maya Banks (audio).
    12. There aren't any.
    13. Everything!
    Your post was really interesting to read and I enjoyed thinking about my answers.

    ReplyDelete